Are you ready for hosting an evening of fun at your house? You agonizingly plan every single detail to ensure a seamless evening. You can start by preparing a guest list, developing a menu, and ensuring your guests have a good time and you have provided for every need. It can be overwhelming and you need to keep it simple and plan.
Let’s take a look at things you can do to make things easier.
- Decide the type of party – Decide the type of party you wish to host. A casual gathering of people or if you plan to host activities or a card game. The setup of the furniture and menu depends largely on the plan you have for your guests. For example, a large wooden sofa set might be a good idea when you want your guests to sit back and relax.
- Evaluation of pre-preparation – Take a look at what areas you need to straighten out before you start. You will need to assess the cleaning and reorganizing required. Don’t forget to declutter areas that are accessible.
- Organize your furniture – Organizing your furniture in a way to direct the traffic the way you want is important. Keep the floor open and free for guests to mingle while furniture like the TV unit can be used as a temporary bar. If you are hosting games then the furniture can be in a circle where everyone can face each other. If you are hosting Pictionary night, the furniture can face the board or one common point. Try to push back the furniture towards the wall and make space for a dance floor as well.
- Menu – This entirely depends on the demographic of the party. If children are going to be attending the party, then popular snack followed by some healthy meals. If you are serving alcohol, it’s advisable to serve light finger foods and use casual crockery and place it in 2 or 3 places so that it’s easily accessible. Dinner can include something which can be easily had without much fuss. Checking and making sure you know if any of the guests have any allergies is important while preparing the meals.
- Ask for help – There is nothing wrong with asking for help from your friends. It is even better if you can recruit help for the evening. Hosting a party can be taxing and the host rarely gets time to sit down and enjoy with everyone. A little help can take some burden off of you.
- Add your magic touch – It takes some creativity and very little resources to add some finishing touches to your party. A string of lights or some lamps can add a warm glow. Dim lighting can be very relaxing and everyone can enjoy the evening. Playing some soft music in the background can also set the mood.
Hosting a party is about unwinding and making memories with your friends. Let’s get started.